Insurgents kill 14 Pakistani troops: Officials
Khar: Pakistani officials say hundreds of militants attacked a checkpoint in a northwest district along the Afghan border overnight, killing 14 security forces.
Officials from the police, government and intelligence agencies said the fighting was still ongoing on Friday morning. They did not know how many militants died in the clashes in the Khankai area of Lower Dir.
Lower Dir lies just outside Pakistan`s tribal regions, where al Qaeda and Taliban fighters have proliferated. The Army has carried out operations against militants there and in the tribal areas.
The four officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorised to speak to the media. Army officials did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Athlete Dutee Chand qualifies for Rio Olympics in 100m sprint
- Enthusiasm in social networking may earn you a job: ASSOCHAM report
- How far is it right to link terrorism with religion?
- Beware! Excessive gadget use could stimulate early ageing: Doctors
- Haryana gang-rape victim sends notice to Salman Khan
- Amit Shah's dig at Akhilesh Yadav: Will Barack Obama maintain law and order in UP
- Mutual Funds pump in Rs 7,200-crore in stock markets in April-June
- Vikram Bhatt rips apart Kamaal R Khan through FB post! – Full text