Integrated Check Post to be built along Indo-Pak border
Attari(Punjab): An Integrated Check Post with
state-of-the-art facilities will be set up at Attari on the
Indo-Pak border at a cost of Rs 150 crore by April next year.
The Union Home Ministry has finalised the plan to set up
the ICP under the aegis of Land Port Authority of India which
has been tasked to set up 13 such posts along international
"Attari shall be the first Land Port to be commissioned,"
Amritsar Deputy Commissioner Kahan Singh Pannu said after a
meeting with Joint Secretary Ministry of Home Affairs (Border
Management) Sada Kant here today.
The post will be built on an area of 131 acres and have
various machineries including high level scanners worth Rs 30
crore to facilitate the Customs and Immigration clearance of
passengers and goods.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says