‘International powers are active to eliminate me,’ says MQM chief Altaf Hussain
Karachi: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain has indicated to his party workers that ‘international powers’ want to assassinate him.
“International powers used Pakistani Establishment that includes Army, ISI and other powerful agencies to finish MQM,” The Nation quoted Hussain, as saying.
“When these powers failed in their aim despite their conspiracies, cruelties, barbarities and slaying thousands of MQM workers, international powers have been active to eliminate Altaf Hussain,” he added.
He further said that the murder of MQM leader Dr Imran Farooq in London is part of the same conspiracy.
“The news, analyses and columns published in the international press give a clear indication as which party and personality is being targeted. The other day, in a BBC programme “Hard Talk”, a number of points were discussed with Co-ordination Committee Member Muhammad Anwar,” Hussain said.
“The host of the programme put a question as to why the present leadership of MQM, meaning Altaf Hussain, is not removed is full of meanings. What was the purpose of this question?” he added.
Highlighting the threat, the MQM chief directed his party workers to continue his mission after his martyrdom.
“If I am martyred then it would be your bounden duty to carry forward the mission, aim and to disseminate my ideology and teachings by laying down your personal interest and with unity,” Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested
- Mohammad Kaif takes a subtle dig at Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad after he hit Air India official with slippers