‘International powers are active to eliminate me,’ says MQM chief Altaf Hussain
Karachi: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain has indicated to his party workers that ‘international powers’ want to assassinate him.
“International powers used Pakistani Establishment that includes Army, ISI and other powerful agencies to finish MQM,” The Nation quoted Hussain, as saying.
“When these powers failed in their aim despite their conspiracies, cruelties, barbarities and slaying thousands of MQM workers, international powers have been active to eliminate Altaf Hussain,” he added.
He further said that the murder of MQM leader Dr Imran Farooq in London is part of the same conspiracy.
“The news, analyses and columns published in the international press give a clear indication as which party and personality is being targeted. The other day, in a BBC programme “Hard Talk”, a number of points were discussed with Co-ordination Committee Member Muhammad Anwar,” Hussain said.
“The host of the programme put a question as to why the present leadership of MQM, meaning Altaf Hussain, is not removed is full of meanings. What was the purpose of this question?” he added.
Highlighting the threat, the MQM chief directed his party workers to continue his mission after his martyrdom.
“If I am martyred then it would be your bounden duty to carry forward the mission, aim and to disseminate my ideology and teachings by laying down your personal interest and with unity,” Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read