‘International powers are active to eliminate me,’ says MQM chief Altaf Hussain
Karachi: Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) chief Altaf Hussain has indicated to his party workers that ‘international powers’ want to assassinate him.
“International powers used Pakistani Establishment that includes Army, ISI and other powerful agencies to finish MQM,” The Nation quoted Hussain, as saying.
“When these powers failed in their aim despite their conspiracies, cruelties, barbarities and slaying thousands of MQM workers, international powers have been active to eliminate Altaf Hussain,” he added.
He further said that the murder of MQM leader Dr Imran Farooq in London is part of the same conspiracy.
“The news, analyses and columns published in the international press give a clear indication as which party and personality is being targeted. The other day, in a BBC programme “Hard Talk”, a number of points were discussed with Co-ordination Committee Member Muhammad Anwar,” Hussain said.
“The host of the programme put a question as to why the present leadership of MQM, meaning Altaf Hussain, is not removed is full of meanings. What was the purpose of this question?” he added.
Highlighting the threat, the MQM chief directed his party workers to continue his mission after his martyrdom.
“If I am martyred then it would be your bounden duty to carry forward the mission, aim and to disseminate my ideology and teachings by laying down your personal interest and with unity,” Hussain said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling