Interpol issues Red Corner notice for 5 American Muslims
Lahore: Interpol has issued Red Corner
notices for five American Muslim youths arrested in Pakistan
last month for alleged terror links but authorities plan to
put them on trial under local anti-terrorism laws, a senior
police official said on Sunday.
"Interpol has issued the red warrants for them but we
will first try them under our own laws before entertaining any
such request," said Usman Anwar, the police chief of Sargodha
district, where the youths were arrested.
"They will be indicted in the Sargodha district and
sessions` court on January 4 under the Anti-Terrorism Act and
Pakistan Penal Code for criminal conspiracy against the state
and plotting terror attacks in Pakistan and a foreign land,"
Anwar told a news agency.
The five youths could face life imprisonment if they
are convicted under the charges framed by the Pakistani
Waqar Hussain Khan, 22, Ahmed Abdullah Minni, 20,
Ramy Zamzam, 22, Iman Hassan Yemer, 17 and Omar Farooq, 24
were arrested in Sargodha on December 9.
The Lahore High Court has already ruled that they
cannot be extradited or handed over to any foreign agency
without the court being informed.
The International Criminal Police Organisation ? is an
organisation of 188 countries facilitating international
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day