Interpol issues world-wide alert on Afghan jailbreak
Paris: Interpol has issued a worldwide alert for 417 fugitives of an Afghan jailbreak, including Taliban, considered "a major threat to global security”.
The France-based international police agency says it has issued a so-called Orange Notice for the fugitives who escaped the Sarposa prison in Kandahar on April 24.
Authorities in Afghanistan had said more than 480 inmates escaped the jail through a tunnel dug over a matter of months.
It wasn`t immediately clear why Interpol`s alert concerned a smaller number of fugitives.
The Orange Notice means information on the escapees will be shared among all of Interpol`s 188 member countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi