Interpol issues world-wide alert on Afghan jailbreak
Paris: Interpol has issued a worldwide alert for 417 fugitives of an Afghan jailbreak, including Taliban, considered "a major threat to global security”.
The France-based international police agency says it has issued a so-called Orange Notice for the fugitives who escaped the Sarposa prison in Kandahar on April 24.
Authorities in Afghanistan had said more than 480 inmates escaped the jail through a tunnel dug over a matter of months.
It wasn`t immediately clear why Interpol`s alert concerned a smaller number of fugitives.
The Orange Notice means information on the escapees will be shared among all of Interpol`s 188 member countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Aamir Khan feels intolerance growing in India, says his wife suggested moving out of India
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?