Interpol issues world-wide alert on Afghan jailbreak
Paris: Interpol has issued a worldwide alert for 417 fugitives of an Afghan jailbreak, including Taliban, considered "a major threat to global security”.
The France-based international police agency says it has issued a so-called Orange Notice for the fugitives who escaped the Sarposa prison in Kandahar on April 24.
Authorities in Afghanistan had said more than 480 inmates escaped the jail through a tunnel dug over a matter of months.
It wasn`t immediately clear why Interpol`s alert concerned a smaller number of fugitives.
The Orange Notice means information on the escapees will be shared among all of Interpol`s 188 member countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- CHSE Odisha +2 Results 2015 (chseodisha.nic.in): Odisha Board Class 12th Result 2015 declared on orissaresults.nic.in