Interpol issues world-wide alert on Afghan jailbreak
Paris: Interpol has issued a worldwide alert for 417 fugitives of an Afghan jailbreak, including Taliban, considered "a major threat to global security”.
The France-based international police agency says it has issued a so-called Orange Notice for the fugitives who escaped the Sarposa prison in Kandahar on April 24.
Authorities in Afghanistan had said more than 480 inmates escaped the jail through a tunnel dug over a matter of months.
It wasn`t immediately clear why Interpol`s alert concerned a smaller number of fugitives.
The Orange Notice means information on the escapees will be shared among all of Interpol`s 188 member countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees