Interpol issues world-wide alert on Afghan jailbreak
Paris: Interpol has issued a worldwide alert for 417 fugitives of an Afghan jailbreak, including Taliban, considered "a major threat to global security”.
The France-based international police agency says it has issued a so-called Orange Notice for the fugitives who escaped the Sarposa prison in Kandahar on April 24.
Authorities in Afghanistan had said more than 480 inmates escaped the jail through a tunnel dug over a matter of months.
It wasn`t immediately clear why Interpol`s alert concerned a smaller number of fugitives.
The Orange Notice means information on the escapees will be shared among all of Interpol`s 188 member countries.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Soldier buried under Siachen avalanche snow rescued after six days
- DNA: Analysis on India's naval prowess at International Fleet Review
- Essel Group launches 'Asha 2022' affordable housing scheme
- Soldier buried under avalanche found alive at Siachen glacier
- PM Modi praises Ekal Vidyalaya Foundation, deems mission successful
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa brought to Delhi, Army chief Dabir Singh visits RR hospital
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen