ISAF commander meets Pakistan Army chief
Islamabad: General David H. Petreaus, commander of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF), has met Pakistan Army chief General Ashfaq Parvez Kayani in Rawalpindi.
General Petreaus discussed matters of "professional interest", reported the Associated Press of Pakistan.
The ISAF is a NATO-led security mission in Afghanistan.
The meeting took place just a day after US Central Command (CENTCOM) Commander Gen. James Mattis met General Kayani.
General Mattis had shared perspectives on the current relationship between the two militaries and to review the way ahead. It was his fifth visit to Pakistan in his 11 months as CENTCOM commander.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore