ISAF commander to visit Pakistan today
Islamabad: Commander of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan Gen John Allen will arrive here Thursday in an one-day official visit.
The top commander will discuss "border coordination matters" with Pakistani Army chief Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Xinhua reported.
The visit comes at a time when tension between Pakistan and Afghanistan has reached a peak over cross-border attacks.
Afghanistan accuses Pakistani security forces of firing rockets into its territory, while Islamabad criticises Kabul for failing to stop cross-border militant attacks.
The militants have carried out at least 15 attacks on Pakistani border posts in the past one year, killing some 100 security personnel and civilians, a military official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’