ISAF commander to visit Pakistan today
Islamabad: Commander of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan Gen John Allen will arrive here Thursday in an one-day official visit.
The top commander will discuss "border coordination matters" with Pakistani Army chief Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Xinhua reported.
The visit comes at a time when tension between Pakistan and Afghanistan has reached a peak over cross-border attacks.
Afghanistan accuses Pakistani security forces of firing rockets into its territory, while Islamabad criticises Kabul for failing to stop cross-border militant attacks.
The militants have carried out at least 15 attacks on Pakistani border posts in the past one year, killing some 100 security personnel and civilians, a military official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister