ISAF commander to visit Pakistan today
Islamabad: Commander of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan Gen John Allen will arrive here Thursday in an one-day official visit.
The top commander will discuss "border coordination matters" with Pakistani Army chief Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Xinhua reported.
The visit comes at a time when tension between Pakistan and Afghanistan has reached a peak over cross-border attacks.
Afghanistan accuses Pakistani security forces of firing rockets into its territory, while Islamabad criticises Kabul for failing to stop cross-border militant attacks.
The militants have carried out at least 15 attacks on Pakistani border posts in the past one year, killing some 100 security personnel and civilians, a military official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Kriti Sanon can't wait to watch 'MS Dhoni - The Untold Story'
- Indian women's hockey stars humiliated, made to sit on floor of train on way back home from Rio
- Donald Trump vows 'tracking system' to deport everyone whose visa expires
- Rockets fired at Turkey's Diyarbakir airport
- Colombia peace deal to be signed late September