ISAF commander to visit Pakistan today
Islamabad: Commander of the International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) in Afghanistan Gen John Allen will arrive here Thursday in an one-day official visit.
The top commander will discuss "border coordination matters" with Pakistani Army chief Gen. Ashfaq Parvez Kayani, Xinhua reported.
The visit comes at a time when tension between Pakistan and Afghanistan has reached a peak over cross-border attacks.
Afghanistan accuses Pakistani security forces of firing rockets into its territory, while Islamabad criticises Kabul for failing to stop cross-border militant attacks.
The militants have carried out at least 15 attacks on Pakistani border posts in the past one year, killing some 100 security personnel and civilians, a military official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred