ISI chief in Saudi to discuss US-Pak ties
Islamabad: ISI chief Lt Gen Ahmad Shuja
Pasha on Monday rushed to Saudi Arabia after holding talks with
Saudi intelligence officials in Islamabad who had come on King
Abdullah`s direction to cool down growing tensions between
Pakistan and the US, media reports said.
On the special directive of Saudi King Abdullah, Saudi
intelligence officials dashed to Pakistan and held wide
ranging interaction with ISI Chief Pasha and other concerned
officials, The Nation newspaper reported on its website.
Saudi officials met Pasha at Chaklala base and conveyed a
positive signal of considerable support to ISI officials
during the meeting, The Express Tribune newspaper reported.
After the meeting, ISI Chief Pasha dashed to Saudi Arabia
by a special plane, The Nation reported, adding that Pasha is
expected to hold meetings with heads of Saudi Intelligence and
armed forces there.
The tension between Pakistan and US escalated following
accusations by top Obama administration officials that ISI had
supported the Haqqani network for carrying out a string of
attacks against American interests in Afghanistan, including
the recent attack on its embassy in Kabul.
The Nation, quoting its sources, said Pasha proceeded to
Saudi Arabia on the directive of the political and military
leadership because the Kingdom is a close ally of Pakistan and
had in the past helped it come out of several crises.
Meanwhile, China`s top security official and Vice Prime
Minister Meng Jianzhou arrived here today on a two day visit.
The Express Tribune reported that "a trilateral meeting
between intelligence officials from Saudi Arabia, China and
Pakistan will held in Islamabad today."
The meeting will focus on US allegations against Pakistan
and the future course of action in this regard, it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok