`ISI chief secretly met Musharraf in Dubai`
Islamabad: Pakistan`s ISI chief Lt Gen Ahmed
Shuja Pasha held a secret meeting with former military ruler Pervez Musharraf in Dubai and advised him not to return to the country, according to a media report Tuesday.
"Gen Pasha, who has remained very close to the former
President, held a meeting with (Musharraf) in Dubai and
advised him not to return to the country as the situation is
not conducive for his return," a source was quoted as saying
by Dawn News channel.
The channel quoted its sources as saying that Pasha
"strictly advised" Musharraf not to return to Pakistan from
The report said it was not clear whether the meeting was
held on the directions of the Pakistan People`s Party-led
government or if it was a private meeting.
The report said Musharraf, after meeting Pasha, convened a meeting of his All Pakistan Muslim League party on January 25 for reviewing his decision to return to Pakistan.
The media report coincided with a resolution passed by
the Senate or upper house of parliament that demanded the
arrest of Musharraf on his return to Pakistan and the
registration of a case of high treason against him for
abrogating the Constitution.
Several Pakistani leaders, including Interior Minister Rehman Malik, have said Musharraf would be arrested on his
return to Pakistan.
Musharraf recently postponed his plans to return to
Karachi during January 27-30. The dictator has been living
outside Pakistan since early 2009.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city