ISI continues to support LeT: US
Washington: Top US lawmakers have accused Pakistan`s spy agency ISI of using terrorist groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba as its strategic asset against India.
"The fact remains that Pakistani and US strategic interests diverge on certain issues -- especially those concerning Islamist terrorist groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba, which the Pakistani ISI continues to view as a strategic asset vis-a-vis India," said Congressman Steve Chabot.
Chabot, the Chairman of the Middle East and South Asia Subcommittee of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, had convened a hearing on US foreign policy in South Asia.
"Years of Pakistani mistrust of the US has resulted in a relationship in which cooperation on certain issues is often accompanied by obstruction on others," he said.
Chabot said despite improved cooperation with certain elements of the Pakistani government, the positive benefits of Kerry-Lugar-Berman have not yet spilled over into other arenas such as security in any meaningful way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed