ISI continues to support LeT: US
Washington: Top US lawmakers have accused Pakistan`s spy agency ISI of using terrorist groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba as its strategic asset against India.
"The fact remains that Pakistani and US strategic interests diverge on certain issues -- especially those concerning Islamist terrorist groups like Lashkar-e-Taiba, which the Pakistani ISI continues to view as a strategic asset vis-a-vis India," said Congressman Steve Chabot.
Chabot, the Chairman of the Middle East and South Asia Subcommittee of the House Committee on Foreign Affairs, had convened a hearing on US foreign policy in South Asia.
"Years of Pakistani mistrust of the US has resulted in a relationship in which cooperation on certain issues is often accompanied by obstruction on others," he said.
Chabot said despite improved cooperation with certain elements of the Pakistani government, the positive benefits of Kerry-Lugar-Berman have not yet spilled over into other arenas such as security in any meaningful way.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'