ISI facilitated US-Haqqani network dialogue?
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told senior Pakistani parliamentarians that it was the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) which had facilitated Washington’s dialogue with the Haqqani militant network, a media report has said.
During her interaction with Pakistani parliamentarians on Friday, Hillary disclosed that the ISI had facilitated a meeting between senior member of the Haqqani network and Washington, but the process was suspended following the recent terror attack on the US embassy in Kabul, The News reports.
“After these attacks we suspended the dialogue process,” Hillary was quoted as saying by one of the sources, who was present in the meeting.
During her joint press conference with Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar on Friday, the US Secretary of State had publicly admitted that the United States had held one exploratory meeting with the Haqqani network, but had not mentioned that it was facilitated by the ISI.
However, in her closed door meeting with parliamentarians, she named the ISI, the report said, adding that later, while talking to Pakistani journalists, Hillary said that the Pakistani government officials helped to facilitate such a meeting, but there too she did not name the ISI in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics
- India will never forget sacrifices of soldiers: PM Narendra Modi on Kargil Vijay Diwas
- Flirt with the waves a la Lisa Haydon – Watch video