ISI facilitated US-Haqqani network dialogue?
Islamabad: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton told senior Pakistani parliamentarians that it was the Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) which had facilitated Washington’s dialogue with the Haqqani militant network, a media report has said.
During her interaction with Pakistani parliamentarians on Friday, Hillary disclosed that the ISI had facilitated a meeting between senior member of the Haqqani network and Washington, but the process was suspended following the recent terror attack on the US embassy in Kabul, The News reports.
“After these attacks we suspended the dialogue process,” Hillary was quoted as saying by one of the sources, who was present in the meeting.
During her joint press conference with Pakistan Foreign Minister Hina Rabbani Khar on Friday, the US Secretary of State had publicly admitted that the United States had held one exploratory meeting with the Haqqani network, but had not mentioned that it was facilitated by the ISI.
However, in her closed door meeting with parliamentarians, she named the ISI, the report said, adding that later, while talking to Pakistani journalists, Hillary said that the Pakistani government officials helped to facilitate such a meeting, but there too she did not name the ISI in public.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset
- Littering, defacement to be made punishable offence
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door