‘ISI funded politicians to manipulate elections’
Islamabad: Former Pakistan chief of army staff General Mirza Aslam Beg has told the Supreme Court that former Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) chief Lt General Asad Durrani allegedly disbursed millions of rupees among anti-PPP politicians to manipulate the 1990 general elections.
General Beg said the amount was placed in the ISI account, and the person having any knowledge of the accounts would be Durrani, or anyone else directed by him, adding that no misappropriation was ever reported to him, adding that the ISI was not under his command.
According to a newspaper, a three-member bench headed by Chief Justice Iftikhar Muhammad Chaudhry had on April 25 ordered the counsel for Mirza Aslam Beg to furnish the details of such accounts before the court by May 10.
The apex court has asked Beg’s counsel to furnish the details of the account before the next hearing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?
- Storms, lightning and heavy rains in Uttar Pradesh; at least 12 dead