ISI made ``Osama doc`` Afridi eat like a dog
Peshawar: The Pakistani doctor, who was sentenced to 33 years in jail after he was accused of being a CIA informant, has claimed that Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency, which maintained a regime of torture in its detention centres, tortured him with cigarette butts and electric shocks.
Dr Shakil Afridi, while talking about his detention by the ISI on May 23 in Hayatabad, said: "My clothes were removed and I was forced by a major to wear old dirty torn rags of an Army conductor. It was difficult to eat food. I had to bend down on my knees to eat with only my mouth, like a dog. I sat on the floor."
The alleged maltreatment, being bound and blindfolded for eight months, he claims eventually affected his eyesight and limbs, reports The Express Tribune.
Dr Afridi also claimed that the ISI has "looted" his bank account of millions of rupees.
"My bank account was looted (by the ISI while being held), making me bankrupt. I need financial, legal and diplomatic help. My situation is very grim. I earned millions of rupees (tens of thousands of dollars) a year and supported my family and that of my brother. All of that is lost," Dr Afridi said.
Since Dr Afridi`s arrest, the family collectively has allegedly suffered USD 160,000 in lost income, legal fees and living costs, an entire life`s fortune by Pakistani standards, he estimated.
Dr Afridi, in his alleged account of an ISI prison, claimed there were a number of ``white`` Westerners, with their nationalities ranging from American, British, Dutch, and German, who all had come to Pakistan to train and participate in a jihad against NATO forces in Afghanistan.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living