ISI made ``Osama doc`` Afridi eat like a dog
Peshawar: The Pakistani doctor, who was sentenced to 33 years in jail after he was accused of being a CIA informant, has claimed that Pakistan`s Inter-Services Intelligence (ISI) agency, which maintained a regime of torture in its detention centres, tortured him with cigarette butts and electric shocks.
Dr Shakil Afridi, while talking about his detention by the ISI on May 23 in Hayatabad, said: "My clothes were removed and I was forced by a major to wear old dirty torn rags of an Army conductor. It was difficult to eat food. I had to bend down on my knees to eat with only my mouth, like a dog. I sat on the floor."
The alleged maltreatment, being bound and blindfolded for eight months, he claims eventually affected his eyesight and limbs, reports The Express Tribune.
Dr Afridi also claimed that the ISI has "looted" his bank account of millions of rupees.
"My bank account was looted (by the ISI while being held), making me bankrupt. I need financial, legal and diplomatic help. My situation is very grim. I earned millions of rupees (tens of thousands of dollars) a year and supported my family and that of my brother. All of that is lost," Dr Afridi said.
Since Dr Afridi`s arrest, the family collectively has allegedly suffered USD 160,000 in lost income, legal fees and living costs, an entire life`s fortune by Pakistani standards, he estimated.
Dr Afridi, in his alleged account of an ISI prison, claimed there were a number of ``white`` Westerners, with their nationalities ranging from American, British, Dutch, and German, who all had come to Pakistan to train and participate in a jihad against NATO forces in Afghanistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- President Pranab Mukherjee gives nod to re-promulgation of Land Acquisition Ordinance
- PM Modi's 'Mann Ki Baat' 8th edition: As it happened
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj