ISI seeks time to submit reply on Shahzad killing
Islamabad: Pakistani spy agency ISI has
sought a week`s time from the judicial commission probing the
abduction and murder of journalist Syed Saleem Shahzad to
submit a reply on the matter.
The Inter-Services Intelligence agency conveyed its
position to the committee headed by Supreme Court Justice
Saqib Nisar during a meeting held here yesterday.
The panel had questioned officials of the ISI and
Intelligence Bureau last month and asked the spy agencies to
submit written replies to several questions.
Shahzad`s widow and brother appeared before the
commission and submitted their statements regarding his
The commission was also informed that the password for
Shahzad`s laptop had still not been found.
Several journalists, including Jahangir Aslam, Amir
Sohail, Azaz Syed, Farooq Nawaz and Abdul Salam Soomro, too
submitted their statements to the commission.
Azaz Syed recommended that the commission should summon
senior officials of the ISI regarding the killing, media
People who appeared before the commission also suggested
that it should visit all the provinces to meet journalists
facing different problems.
The commission announced it would hold its next meeting
on September 27.
Shahzad was abducted while driving from his house to a TV
station in Islamabad on May 29, two days after he alleged in
an article that Al Qaida had infiltrated the Pakistan Navy.
His body, bearing marks of torture, was found the next
day in a canal in Punjab province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?