ISI walks both sides of the street: US senator
Washington: Pakistan`s Inter Services Intelligence (ISI) is maintaining double standards when it comes to fight against terror, a powerful US lawmaker said
The ISI appears to be walking both side of the street as on the one hand it claims to assist the US against terrorist and on the other hand refuses to hand over to India those responsible for the Mumbai terrorist attacks, Senator Dianne Feinstein, chairman of the Senate Select Intelligence Committee, said.
"It appears the ISI walks both sides of the street. The failure of the country to turn over two leading – one operator, one leader -- from the Mumbai attack to India; the reluctance to go into North Waziristan; the development of a safe harbour; the concentration of a number of terrorist groups in that safe harbour," said Feinstein.
"The fact that Pakistan has major flood issues and yet has chosen to build another nuclear weapon, which to some, I think, seems a very bad choice at this time," Feinstein said during the course of a congressional hearing on `The Worldwide Threat` which was attended by top intelligence officials of
America including CIA chief Leon Panetta, FBI head Robert Muller and Michael Leiter, director of the National Counter-terrorism Centre.
India has been demanding arrest of the perpetrators of the Mumbai terrorist attack, which Pakistan has been denying on one pretext or the other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Watch: Mars makes its closest approach to Earth in 11 years today!
- 27 flights diverted as bad weather triggers chaos in Delhi Airport
- CHSE Odisha 12th (+2) Arts and Commerce Result 2016 is expected to be declared today on 30th May - Check orissaresults.nic.in and chseodisha.nic.in
- Wow! Indian professionals 'most confident' globally, says a survey
- Here's what Jacqueline Fernandez feels about Salman Khan-Iulia Vantur marriage! Details inside