Islam is a religion of peace: Pak President Asif Ali Zardari
London: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari said that Islam is a religion of peace and tranquillity as opposed to terrorism and friction.
Speaking at the Syeda Fatima (SA) Interfaith Conference at the House of Lords here, Zardari said such events project Islam as a peaceful religion.
``It gives me immense pleasure that Imam Hussain Council arranged an Interfaith Conference in recognition of Hazrat Fatima Tu-Zahra (SA). The daughter of our Holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is a distinguished personality of the Muslim world. She is a shining moral example for all the women across the globe. Her life, her teachings, her mannerisms and even her authority over her father, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) is a precedent for us to follow even today,`` The Nation quoted Zardari, as saying.
He lauded the Council``s efforts in bringing all religions and sects on a single platform and promote harmony and brotherhood among people.
The conference was organized by Imam Hussain Council to encourage interfaith dialogue and promote mutual understanding and sectarian harmony.
The main speaker of the conference, Lord Alderdice, said women can bridge the gap between various religions by following the footsteps of Hazrat Fatima.
The director of Al-Khoei Foundation, Yousaf Al Khoei, chaired the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH