Islam is a religion of peace: Pak President Asif Ali Zardari
London: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari said that Islam is a religion of peace and tranquillity as opposed to terrorism and friction.
Speaking at the Syeda Fatima (SA) Interfaith Conference at the House of Lords here, Zardari said such events project Islam as a peaceful religion.
``It gives me immense pleasure that Imam Hussain Council arranged an Interfaith Conference in recognition of Hazrat Fatima Tu-Zahra (SA). The daughter of our Holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is a distinguished personality of the Muslim world. She is a shining moral example for all the women across the globe. Her life, her teachings, her mannerisms and even her authority over her father, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) is a precedent for us to follow even today,`` The Nation quoted Zardari, as saying.
He lauded the Council``s efforts in bringing all religions and sects on a single platform and promote harmony and brotherhood among people.
The conference was organized by Imam Hussain Council to encourage interfaith dialogue and promote mutual understanding and sectarian harmony.
The main speaker of the conference, Lord Alderdice, said women can bridge the gap between various religions by following the footsteps of Hazrat Fatima.
The director of Al-Khoei Foundation, Yousaf Al Khoei, chaired the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Four Indians kidnapped in Libya; Islamic State hand suspected
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez