Islam is a religion of peace: Pak President Asif Ali Zardari
London: Pakistan President Asif Ali Zardari said that Islam is a religion of peace and tranquillity as opposed to terrorism and friction.
Speaking at the Syeda Fatima (SA) Interfaith Conference at the House of Lords here, Zardari said such events project Islam as a peaceful religion.
``It gives me immense pleasure that Imam Hussain Council arranged an Interfaith Conference in recognition of Hazrat Fatima Tu-Zahra (SA). The daughter of our Holy Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) is a distinguished personality of the Muslim world. She is a shining moral example for all the women across the globe. Her life, her teachings, her mannerisms and even her authority over her father, the Holy Prophet (PBUH) is a precedent for us to follow even today,`` The Nation quoted Zardari, as saying.
He lauded the Council``s efforts in bringing all religions and sects on a single platform and promote harmony and brotherhood among people.
The conference was organized by Imam Hussain Council to encourage interfaith dialogue and promote mutual understanding and sectarian harmony.
The main speaker of the conference, Lord Alderdice, said women can bridge the gap between various religions by following the footsteps of Hazrat Fatima.
The director of Al-Khoei Foundation, Yousaf Al Khoei, chaired the conference.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!