Islamists shoot dead five at Algerian wedding: Report
Algiers: Islamist militants opened fire with
assault rifles on a wedding party in eastern Algeria, killing
five people and wounding one, security sources told the
Algerian news agency APS on Friday.
A 10-year-old child and a volunteer policeman were among
the dead in the shooting which took place yesterday evening in
the village of Ghrab, south of the eastern town of Tebessa,
not far from the border with Tunisia, local officials said.
Algerian security forces have launched an operation to
search for the militants, who fled following the attack.
The attack was the first in the Tebessa region in over a
year by Islamist militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman