Islamists shoot dead five at Algerian wedding: Report
Algiers: Islamist militants opened fire with
assault rifles on a wedding party in eastern Algeria, killing
five people and wounding one, security sources told the
Algerian news agency APS on Friday.
A 10-year-old child and a volunteer policeman were among
the dead in the shooting which took place yesterday evening in
the village of Ghrab, south of the eastern town of Tebessa,
not far from the border with Tunisia, local officials said.
Algerian security forces have launched an operation to
search for the militants, who fled following the attack.
The attack was the first in the Tebessa region in over a
year by Islamist militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing