Islamists shoot dead five at Algerian wedding: Report
Algiers: Islamist militants opened fire with
assault rifles on a wedding party in eastern Algeria, killing
five people and wounding one, security sources told the
Algerian news agency APS on Friday.
A 10-year-old child and a volunteer policeman were among
the dead in the shooting which took place yesterday evening in
the village of Ghrab, south of the eastern town of Tebessa,
not far from the border with Tunisia, local officials said.
Algerian security forces have launched an operation to
search for the militants, who fled following the attack.
The attack was the first in the Tebessa region in over a
year by Islamist militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II
- French Open 2016: Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray through as Angelique Kerber exits
- 'Asian Century' largely depends on India, China: Pranab Mukherjee
- Beijing medals at risk for Russia after positive re-tests
- IPL 2016: AB de Villiers, Iqbal Abdullah take RCB into final with stunning win over GL in Qualifier 1
- Must Read: These are Apple CEO Tim Cook's plans for India!