Islamists shoot dead five at Algerian wedding: Report
Algiers: Islamist militants opened fire with
assault rifles on a wedding party in eastern Algeria, killing
five people and wounding one, security sources told the
Algerian news agency APS on Friday.
A 10-year-old child and a volunteer policeman were among
the dead in the shooting which took place yesterday evening in
the village of Ghrab, south of the eastern town of Tebessa,
not far from the border with Tunisia, local officials said.
Algerian security forces have launched an operation to
search for the militants, who fled following the attack.
The attack was the first in the Tebessa region in over a
year by Islamist militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Meet Kirti Bharti, the new topper of Bihar Intermediate exams in Arts stream!
- Agra boy seeks PM Modi, CM Akhilesh's help for his blood cancer treatment
- Armoured cars now mandatory to accompany security forces in Kashmir
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Watch: 'Kumkum Bhagya' Episode 605—Tanushree makes another attempt to denigrate Pragya
- Al-Qaeda wanted to swap PM's abducted son for Zawahiri's women
- Will Jacqueline Fernandez do a sex comedy? Details inside
- Dalit reporter in Pakistan forced to eat separately at workplace
- India's MTCR entry will boost non-proliferation efforts: US