Islamists shoot dead five at Algerian wedding: Report
Algiers: Islamist militants opened fire with
assault rifles on a wedding party in eastern Algeria, killing
five people and wounding one, security sources told the
Algerian news agency APS on Friday.
A 10-year-old child and a volunteer policeman were among
the dead in the shooting which took place yesterday evening in
the village of Ghrab, south of the eastern town of Tebessa,
not far from the border with Tunisia, local officials said.
Algerian security forces have launched an operation to
search for the militants, who fled following the attack.
The attack was the first in the Tebessa region in over a
year by Islamist militants.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire