Israel, Nepal issue joint stamps with Everest, Dead Sea pics
Kathmandu: Nepal and Israel have come out with joint stamps depicting the world`s highest peak Mt Everest and the world`s lowest point the Dead Sea, to mark 52 years of establishment of their diplomatic ties.
The stamp themed `Mount Everest and the Dead Sea", was issued yesterday, and Nepalese Information and Communication Minister Rajkishor Yadva and Israel Ambassador Hanan Goder put the first cancellation marks on the stamps at the Russian Cultural Centre here.
On the same day a similar stamp depicting the pictures of Mt Everest and Dead Sea was issued in Israel.
The stamps are valued at 5 Shekels in Israel and at NRs 35 in Nepal.
The stamps carry a picture of Mt Everest with an altitude of 8,848 m, located on the Nepal-Tibet border, and another picture of the Dead Sea in Israel, which with 400 metres below the sea level boasts of the lowest point of Earth.
The joint stamp issued between the two countries is the first one and also the first time that Nepal has issued a stamp simultaneously with another country.
"These two stamps are wonderful examples of the long term partnership and friendship between our two countries and people," remarked Israel Ambassador, Gode.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das