Israel rejects Mossad’s role in Zia-ul-Haq plane crash
Lahore: Israel has rejected reports regarding its intelligence agency, Mossad’s involvement in former Pakistan Army chief General Zia-ul-Haq’s plane crash.
Terming the allegations as ‘baseless’, Israeli Foreign Office spokesman Egaal Gilmore refused to comment on the report saying the government does not have any stance on such claims.
It may be recalled that Zia-ul-Haq’s son, Ejaz-ul-Haq has asked the authorities to conduct a criminal investigation into the plane crash in which his father died.
Ejaz-ul-Haq claimed that former pilot Akram Awan, who is in prison in connection with the Kahuta conspiracy case, had told an enquiry commission that Mossad had provided materials to destroy the aircraft in which Zia ul Haq was flying.
Ejaz-ul-Haq also said that Washington forcefully hindered investigation into the plane crash.
“I cannot point finger towards a person or a country over murder of General Zia-ul-Haq but US did not send FBI team to Pakistan for probe into plane crash,” Haq had said.
Zia died along with several of his top generals and the then United States Ambassador to Pakistan,Arnold Raphel, in an aircraft crash near Bahawalpur (Punjab) on 17th August 1988. The circumstances of the crash are still unclear. (ANI)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!