Issue of terrorist training camps raised with Pakistan: US
Washington: The Obama Administration has raised the issue of existing terrorist training camps inside Pakistan with the leadership of the country and expressed its concern on it, a US official has said.
The State Department spokesman Ian Kelly said yesterday that the US has also briefed Pakistan about the information it has gained from recent arrest of individuals in the United States in connection with the terrorist activities.
"We have, of course, raised our concerns, and we have briefed the Pakistani authorities about some of the information that we have gained from some of these suspects that have now been indicted," he said, but did not divulge specific details.
The spokesman was responding to a question asked in reference to the series of arrests in recent months of those trained in terrorist camps inside Pakistan.
"I don’t have any real specific information that I can share with you," Kelly said.
India has also been briefed on this issue, he acknowledged.
Kelly said: "I don`t think we should ever be satisfied when it comes to the problem of dealing with this kind of vicious terrorism that we are seeing in Pakistan, in Afghanistan, and elsewhere. The authorities in Pakistan themselves are taking the challenge very seriously. How can they do otherwise when they see these kinds of horrible attacks almost every day?
"One of the hallmarks of this administration and our approach to this problem has been more of an integrated approach, not just looking at Afghanistan and Pakistan in
isolation, but looking at the problem of extremism, violent extremism, in general, in the border areas," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you