Jaffna-based Tamil newspaper office attacked in SL
Colombo: An unidentified group today attacked a distribution office of a Tamil newspaper in northern Sri Lanka, leaving at least three employees injured.
`Uthayan`, a Jaffna-based Tamil daily`s distribution office in Kilinochchi -- the former LTTE stronghold -- came to be attacked in the wee hours of Wednesday, police said.
The victims included its office manager. A distribution van and a motor cycle parked at the premises also suffered damages.
The Kilinochchi police said an investigation was underway. `Uthayan`, a pro-Tamil nationalist newspaper has come under attack several times in the recent past.
In January this year, a man delivering Uthayan newspapers in Jaffna was attacked and his motorbike as well as a stack of newspapers were set on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...