Jaffna-based Tamil newspaper office attacked in SL
Colombo: An unidentified group today attacked a distribution office of a Tamil newspaper in northern Sri Lanka, leaving at least three employees injured.
`Uthayan`, a Jaffna-based Tamil daily`s distribution office in Kilinochchi -- the former LTTE stronghold -- came to be attacked in the wee hours of Wednesday, police said.
The victims included its office manager. A distribution van and a motor cycle parked at the premises also suffered damages.
The Kilinochchi police said an investigation was underway. `Uthayan`, a pro-Tamil nationalist newspaper has come under attack several times in the recent past.
In January this year, a man delivering Uthayan newspapers in Jaffna was attacked and his motorbike as well as a stack of newspapers were set on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth