Jaffna-based Tamil newspaper office attacked in SL
Colombo: An unidentified group today attacked a distribution office of a Tamil newspaper in northern Sri Lanka, leaving at least three employees injured.
`Uthayan`, a Jaffna-based Tamil daily`s distribution office in Kilinochchi -- the former LTTE stronghold -- came to be attacked in the wee hours of Wednesday, police said.
The victims included its office manager. A distribution van and a motor cycle parked at the premises also suffered damages.
The Kilinochchi police said an investigation was underway. `Uthayan`, a pro-Tamil nationalist newspaper has come under attack several times in the recent past.
In January this year, a man delivering Uthayan newspapers in Jaffna was attacked and his motorbike as well as a stack of newspapers were set on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Delhi gang-rape: Show juvenile rapist's face to the world, demand Nirbhaya's parents