Jaffna-based Tamil newspaper office attacked in SL
Colombo: An unidentified group today attacked a distribution office of a Tamil newspaper in northern Sri Lanka, leaving at least three employees injured.
`Uthayan`, a Jaffna-based Tamil daily`s distribution office in Kilinochchi -- the former LTTE stronghold -- came to be attacked in the wee hours of Wednesday, police said.
The victims included its office manager. A distribution van and a motor cycle parked at the premises also suffered damages.
The Kilinochchi police said an investigation was underway. `Uthayan`, a pro-Tamil nationalist newspaper has come under attack several times in the recent past.
In January this year, a man delivering Uthayan newspapers in Jaffna was attacked and his motorbike as well as a stack of newspapers were set on fire.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!