Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith leader dies
Lahore: Well-known religious scholar and Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith leader Maulana Moeenuddin Lakhvi has died after a protracted illness at the age of 93.
Lakhvi, who had been bed-ridden for the past seven years, died yesterday.
He is survived by three sons and four daughters. His father, Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Ali Madni, had served at the Masjid-e-Nabvi at Madina for 36 years.
He was buried at Tara Singh village near Deepalpur in Okara district, 100 km from Lahore, in the presence of a large number of people.
Prominent figures who attended his funeral prayers included Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, and lawmakers Sajid Mirand and Chaudhry Sajjadul Hasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test