Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith leader dies
Lahore: Well-known religious scholar and Jamiat Ahl-e-Hadith leader Maulana Moeenuddin Lakhvi has died after a protracted illness at the age of 93.
Lakhvi, who had been bed-ridden for the past seven years, died yesterday.
He is survived by three sons and four daughters. His father, Sheikhul Hadith Maulana Muhammad Ali Madni, had served at the Masjid-e-Nabvi at Madina for 36 years.
He was buried at Tara Singh village near Deepalpur in Okara district, 100 km from Lahore, in the presence of a large number of people.
Prominent figures who attended his funeral prayers included Jamaat-ud-Dawah chief Hafiz Mohammad Saeed, and lawmakers Sajid Mirand and Chaudhry Sajjadul Hasan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read