Jayasurya allowed to cast his vote ahead of elections
Colombo: Sri Lankan start cricketer Sanath
Jayasurya who is a ruling party candidate in the parliamentary
elections was allowed to cast his vote a day before as he had
to play an IPL match in India.
Master all-rounder Jayasurya who is running from the
southern district of Matara on the United People`s Freedom
Alliance Ticket was given special permission to cast his vote
The forty-year-old batsman is the oldest cricketer
still playing, though he retired from test cricket in 2007, he
is continuing to play in the shorter version of the game.
Jayasurya has been named in his country`s squad for
the upcoming world 20-20 championship to be held in West
Indies from April 30.
Another Lankan cricketer Arjuna Ranatunga who led his
country to victory in World Cup Cricket in 1996 is also in the
fray, running as a candidate of the opposition Democratic
National Alliance of detained former army chief Sarath
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder