Jemima to walk with Imran against US drone attacks
Islamabad: Pakistan Tehrik-i-Insaaf (PTI) chief Imran Khan will preside over a tribal jirga and lead a protest walk on Friday against US drone attacks in the country’s tribal areas.
Imran’s former wife, Jemima Khan, will also participate in the proceedings of the Jirga under the aegis of Reprieve, a UK-based legal action NGO, and then be a part of a walk against drone attacks the same day.
PTI Women’s Wing Central president, Fauzia Kasuri, when contacted on the telephone, confirmed that Jemima would take part in Reprieve’s two events, The News reports.
Jemima is also member of the NGO and has been raising her voice in England against drone assaults on Pakistan’s tribal areas.
During the jirga, besides the family members of the victims of US drone attacks in Pakistan, elders from the Waziristan agencies would also speak on the occasion and both Imran and Jemima would also express their views on the controversial issue.
The forum is expected to pass a resolution against drone attacks, asking for investigation into the saga of these attacks that had killed scores of people so far, prompting the Pakistan Parliament to adopt a unanimous resolution against the strikes. However, assaults continue to happen without any let-up.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Watch: Tracing the journey of Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family