Jinnah`s 62nd death anniversary observed in Pakistan
Islamabad: Pakistan on Saturday observed the 62nd death anniversary of Mohammed Ali Jinnah, the country`s first governor-general.
President Asif Ali Zardari, in a message to the nation, said the best way to pay homage to the "Quaid-e-Azam" was to strive for achieving the objectives for which Pakistan was created.
Pakistan needs to adhere to the principles of democracy, constitutionalism, egalitarianism and social justice for all as propounded by the Quaid throughout his life.
"The best way to pay homage to the Quaid is to reiterate our adherence to these principles," Zardari was quoted as saying by Geo TV.
"For ensuring democracy, we must defeat the militants who are seeking to impose their own political agenda on the people through guns and bullets."
He also paid homage to the innumerable people who rendered huge sacrifices for the creation of Pakistan.
Zardari said the immediate need of the hour was to rehabilitate the millions of people affected by the devastating floods in the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report