Jinnah’s vision made Pakistan nuclear power: AQ Khan
Rawalpindi: The motivation behind making Pakistan a nuclear power after continuous hard work of seven years was the vision of Quaid-e-Azam Muhammad Ali Jinnah, according to disgraced nuclear scientist Dr Abdul Qadeer Khan.
“Keeping in view the example of the Father of the Nation, we were able to make Pakistan a nuclear power in just seven years,” The News quoted Khan, as saying.
Khan, known as the architect of Pakistan’s nuclear programme, made these comments while addressing a ceremony held to mark Jinnah’s 134th birthday.
He said that Jinnah was not only the liberator of the nation, but he also laid down the foundation of an independent and sovereign state through his wisdom and untiring efforts.
Terming Quaid-i-Azam a true sympathiser and well-wisher of the Muslims, Khan said Allah Almighty had selected him for the creation of Pakistan.
“The nation got inspiration from its founder, Quaid-e-Azam, which gave it courage to stand on its own feet as well as to compete with its foes. The entire country is not only proud that Allah gave us a leader like Quaid-e-Azam, but also pays rich homage to the prudence, creativity, sacrifices and patriotism of Muhammad Ali Jinnah,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi