John Kerry meets Afghan presidential candidates
Kabul: US Secretary of State John Kerry met Afghanistan`s presidential candidates Abdullah Abdullah and Ashraf Ghani Ahmadzai in separate meetings, local media reported on Friday.
"Secretary of State John Kerry arrived in Kabul on Thursday and held separate meetings with Abdullah and Ahmadzai late night," Xinhua quoted local TV channel, Tolo, as saying.
The meetings were focused on the establishment of a national unity government which Kerry had proposed during his previous visit to Kabul last month.
The result of Afghanistan`s presidential runoff polls held on June 14 is yet to be announced, although the recounting of some eight million votes and auditing process of ballot boxes began on July 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read