Journalist shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: Unidentified gunmen shot dead a senior journalist in Pakistan`s restive tribal region Wednesday, his family said.
Malik Mumtaz was working for Geo television and Jang group of newspapers in North Waziristan tribal region.
He was also filing reports for Pashto-language Khyber television.
Geo TV reported that Mumtaz was returning home when the gunmen fired at his vehicle, killing him on the spot.
TV anchor Hamid Mir said that Mumtaz had been receiving threats.
No group claimed responsibility and the family said that they do not have personal enmity with anyone.
Pakistan`s tribal regions are one of the world`s most dangerous places for journalists and many have been killed in line of their duty.
Many tribal journalists have shifted to other areas over security concerns.
Tribal Union of Journalists strongly condemned the brutal murder of Mumtaz and demanded of the local authorities to investigate the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read