Journalist shot dead in Pakistan
Islamabad: Unidentified gunmen shot dead a senior journalist in Pakistan`s restive tribal region Wednesday, his family said.
Malik Mumtaz was working for Geo television and Jang group of newspapers in North Waziristan tribal region.
He was also filing reports for Pashto-language Khyber television.
Geo TV reported that Mumtaz was returning home when the gunmen fired at his vehicle, killing him on the spot.
TV anchor Hamid Mir said that Mumtaz had been receiving threats.
No group claimed responsibility and the family said that they do not have personal enmity with anyone.
Pakistan`s tribal regions are one of the world`s most dangerous places for journalists and many have been killed in line of their duty.
Many tribal journalists have shifted to other areas over security concerns.
Tribal Union of Journalists strongly condemned the brutal murder of Mumtaz and demanded of the local authorities to investigate the incident.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH