JuD against Pak granting MFN status to India
Lahore: The banned terror group Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) has announced that it will protest against the Pakistan government’s decision to grant the Most Favoured Nation (MFN) status to India.
The group blamed the Pakistan government for not showing sympathy for the people of Jammu and Kashmir and claimed that it has no right to declare India as MFN without the approval of the people of Kashmir.
“The peace in the region is related to the peace in Kashmir, not by building terms of friendship with India and increasing economical relations with India,” the Express Tribune quoted the group, as saying.
“Our government has been preferring destruction. If they have to do so, they had to declare it in their mandate,” it added.
Earlier, on November 2, Pakistan’s Cabinet unanimously decided to grant India the trade status, a major breakthrough that could bolster efforts to improve relations between the nuclear-armed rivals.
The MFN status for India comes in return for lifting non-tariff restrictions on imports from Pakistan.
The MFN status provides trade equality among partners by ensuring that an importing country will not discriminate against another country’s goods in favour of those from a third.
India had granted the MFN status to Pakistan way back in 1996.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE