JuD chief’s security head found murdered `with signs of torture`
Karachi: The chief security officer of Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) leader Hafiz Saeed has been allegedly murdered, with his body found lying near a canal in Lahore.
According to sources, Khalid Bashir had received a phone call from an unknown person while having dinner at his residence late at night after which he went missing, and his body, showing signs of torture, was found in the morning, the Express Tribune reports.
Alleging that Bashir`s role in the JuD had irked certain powers, who wanted him dead, Saeed said that Bashir was an old loyalist who had thwarted many attempts on his life.
The report further said that security for major JuD leaders have been tightened as a result of the killing.
Bashir, who had joined JuD as a worker about 25 years ago and had risen in the organisation, ultimately becoming the security head, was responsible for coordinating Saeed`s every movement, apart from being the head of the security in the organisation, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?