JuD chief’s security head found murdered `with signs of torture`
Karachi: The chief security officer of Jamaat-ud-Dawa (JuD) leader Hafiz Saeed has been allegedly murdered, with his body found lying near a canal in Lahore.
According to sources, Khalid Bashir had received a phone call from an unknown person while having dinner at his residence late at night after which he went missing, and his body, showing signs of torture, was found in the morning, the Express Tribune reports.
Alleging that Bashir`s role in the JuD had irked certain powers, who wanted him dead, Saeed said that Bashir was an old loyalist who had thwarted many attempts on his life.
The report further said that security for major JuD leaders have been tightened as a result of the killing.
Bashir, who had joined JuD as a worker about 25 years ago and had risen in the organisation, ultimately becoming the security head, was responsible for coordinating Saeed`s every movement, apart from being the head of the security in the organisation, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB 4G mobile services at 1 GB price