JuD founding member killed in accident in Pakistan
Lahore: Hafiz Saifullah Mansoor, one of the close aides of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed and a founding member of the group, has been killed in a road accident here.
Mansoor was coming to Lahore from Islamabad on his car when it skidded off the road and overturned near Faizpur, a JuD statement said yesterday.
He died on the spot, while his gunman and driver suffered serious injuries. They were shifted to a hospital in Lahore.
Mansoor, the chairman of Tehreek-e-Azadi Jammu and Kashmir, was considered to be very close to Saeed, the mastermind of the Mumbai terror attack.
JuD chief Saeed will lead Mansoor`s funeral prayers.
Saeed and other JuD leaders have expressed grief and sorrow over his death.
Mansoor, a native of Jia Baga, was also part of Hurmat-e-Quran and Hurmat-e-Rasool movements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!