JuD founding member killed in accident in Pakistan
Lahore: Hafiz Saifullah Mansoor, one of the close aides of Jamaat-ud-Dawa chief Hafiz Saeed and a founding member of the group, has been killed in a road accident here.
Mansoor was coming to Lahore from Islamabad on his car when it skidded off the road and overturned near Faizpur, a JuD statement said yesterday.
He died on the spot, while his gunman and driver suffered serious injuries. They were shifted to a hospital in Lahore.
Mansoor, the chairman of Tehreek-e-Azadi Jammu and Kashmir, was considered to be very close to Saeed, the mastermind of the Mumbai terror attack.
JuD chief Saeed will lead Mansoor`s funeral prayers.
Saeed and other JuD leaders have expressed grief and sorrow over his death.
Mansoor, a native of Jia Baga, was also part of Hurmat-e-Quran and Hurmat-e-Rasool movements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Arvind Kejriwal takes U-turn on water promise, says BJP
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Rahul Gandhi takes potshot at PM Narendra Modi's fashion sense - Watch
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!