JuD leader found murdered in Pakistan
Lahore: A Jamaat-ud-Dawah (JuD) leader has been found murdered near this eastern Pakistani city, the group said on Saturday.
The body of Khalid Bashir, who was associated with JuD`s information wing, was found in Sheikhupura, 40 km from Lahore, yesterday. He was in his forties.
JuD spokesman Yahya Mujahid claimed unidentified men kidnapped Bashir while he was on his way to the group’s office at Chauburji.
He said the kidnappers had not demanded any ransom.
"On Friday, Bashir`s body was found in a canal in Sheikhupura with multiple wounds, including gunshot wounds," Mujahid said.
JuD chief Hafiz Saeed demanded the arrest of the killers.
Lahore Police registered a murder case against unidentified persons and launched an investigation.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference