Judicial remand of American arrested in Pak extended
Peshawar: A Pakistani court on Monday extended
till March 18 the judicial remand of a US national arrested on
charges of not possessing valid travel documents.
Judge Qudratullah Marwat extended the judicial remand of
Aaron Mark DeHaven, a suspected security contractor, after
prosecutors informed the court that the American`s records
were not available.
DeHaven`s bail application is pending in the court of
Additional Sessions Judge Altaf-ur-Rehman, the American`s
lawyer Ali Reza said.
Police arrested DeHaven last month from a residential
area in Peshawar, the capital of Khyber-Pakhtunkhwa province,
on charges that he had outstayed his Pakistani visa, which
expired in October last year.
Reports said he was running Catalyst Services, a firm
providing security and accommodation to foreigners in
An earlier bail plea by DeHaven was rejected last week
and the Additional Sessions Judge is due to give its ruling on
DeHaven is the second American to be arrested in Pakistan
in the recent past.
Relations between Pakistan and the US were strained in
January following the arrest of suspected CIA contractor
Raymond Davis, who was charged with murder for shooting and
killing two armed men in Lahore.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets
- After Jayalalithaa, Sasikala Natarajan holds all cards – Know more about her