JuD`s deaf, dumb wing protests outside US consulate
Lahore: The deaf and dumb wing of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah organised a protest outside the US Consulate in this eastern Pakistani city on Friday to oppose any move to reopen routes used to transport supplies to NATO troops in Afghanistan.
The JuD, declared a front for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba by the UN Security Council, claimed that the deaf and mute too have a right to wage jihad against India, the US and Israel.
The JuD activists guided speakers on stage who addressed the gathering on their behalf.
During the speeches, a resource person translated them into sign language for the hearing impaired.
The protesters carried placards and banners inscribed with slogans against the US and India.
According to reports, the JuD has deaf and dumb centres in several districts of Punjab, including Lahore, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Daska, Sialkot, Multan, Bahawalpur and Vehari, and at Karachi, Sukkur and Hyderabad in Sindh province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Each passing year is a reward for me, says Amitabh Bachchan on his 73rd birthday
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- How Twitteratis reacted to PM Modi calling Prakash Singh Badal 'Nelson Mandela'
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off