JuD`s deaf, dumb wing protests outside US consulate
Lahore: The deaf and dumb wing of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah organised a protest outside the US Consulate in this eastern Pakistani city on Friday to oppose any move to reopen routes used to transport supplies to NATO troops in Afghanistan.
The JuD, declared a front for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba by the UN Security Council, claimed that the deaf and mute too have a right to wage jihad against India, the US and Israel.
The JuD activists guided speakers on stage who addressed the gathering on their behalf.
During the speeches, a resource person translated them into sign language for the hearing impaired.
The protesters carried placards and banners inscribed with slogans against the US and India.
According to reports, the JuD has deaf and dumb centres in several districts of Punjab, including Lahore, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Daska, Sialkot, Multan, Bahawalpur and Vehari, and at Karachi, Sukkur and Hyderabad in Sindh province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened