JuD`s deaf, dumb wing protests outside US consulate
Lahore: The deaf and dumb wing of the Jamaat-ud-Dawah organised a protest outside the US Consulate in this eastern Pakistani city on Friday to oppose any move to reopen routes used to transport supplies to NATO troops in Afghanistan.
The JuD, declared a front for the banned Lashkar-e-Taiba by the UN Security Council, claimed that the deaf and mute too have a right to wage jihad against India, the US and Israel.
The JuD activists guided speakers on stage who addressed the gathering on their behalf.
During the speeches, a resource person translated them into sign language for the hearing impaired.
The protesters carried placards and banners inscribed with slogans against the US and India.
According to reports, the JuD has deaf and dumb centres in several districts of Punjab, including Lahore, Faisalabad, Gujranwala, Daska, Sialkot, Multan, Bahawalpur and Vehari, and at Karachi, Sukkur and Hyderabad in Sindh province.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof