JUI-F dissatisfied with security provided to Fazlur Rehman
Islamabad: The Jamiat Ulema Islam-F (JUI-F) has expressed dissatisfaction over the strength of security provided to party Chief Maulana Fazl-ur-Rehman following two back-to-back life attempts on the Pakistani politician, who also holds the key portfolio of Chairman Kashmir Committee.
Maulana Fazl escaped two life attempts within a span of 24 hours when two suicide bombers blew up their explosives- one in Swabi last Wednesday, and the second in Charsadda the next day- both blasts occurring at places where the JUI-F chief was expected to address public gatherings.
“Consider his status and see what sort of security he has been provided, you will feel the difference,” The Nation quoted a JUI-F spokesperson, as saying.
JUI spokesman Amjad Khan blasted the government on its failure to ensure law and order in the country.
“Even the prominent politicians and VIPs are feeling insecure, what to talk about the common people,” he said.
“Maulana is such a prominent figure, government should have beefed up his security following the very first attack on his convoy this week, however, it is a pity that authorities are still sleeping as Maulana is yet to receive foolproof security,” he added.
Amjad also said Interior Minister Rehman Malik had visited Fazl’s residence on Thursday and promised to beef up his security, but added that the JUI-F chief is yet to get additional security.
Meanwhile, during the proceedings of a Special Public Accounts Committee, Interior Secretary Qamar Zaman avoided naming those said to be on the hit list of terrorists, but said that foolproof security has been provided to all of them.
“Parliamentarians are told to keep security while moving in and out of city, while foolproof security has been provided to all six parliamentarians who, according to intelligence reports, are on terrorists’ hit list,” Qamar Zaman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir