July 2011 Afghan pullout not `a cliff`: Obama aide
Washington: President Barack Obama`s national security adviser says the July 2011 date for the beginning of a US troop withdrawal in Afghanistan is "not a cliff”.
Instead, James Jones calls it "a guide slope”.
Jones says Obama`s new strategy for Afghanistan looks toward a downward "ramp" for American forces beginning 18 months from now as the US and its allies are able to prepare additional Afghan soldiers and police to take over security.
Jones spoke on Sunday on CNN`s ‘State of the Union’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday