July 2011 Afghan pullout not `a cliff`: Obama aide
Washington: President Barack Obama`s national security adviser says the July 2011 date for the beginning of a US troop withdrawal in Afghanistan is "not a cliff”.
Instead, James Jones calls it "a guide slope”.
Jones says Obama`s new strategy for Afghanistan looks toward a downward "ramp" for American forces beginning 18 months from now as the US and its allies are able to prepare additional Afghan soldiers and police to take over security.
Jones spoke on Sunday on CNN`s ‘State of the Union’.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends