Junoon guitarist to accompany Imran Khan’s carvan
Islamabad: Junoon guitarist Salman Ahmad has said that he will accompany Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan in the peace march to protest against drone attacks that have destroyed millions of lives in the country.
“I’ll be travelling with IK’s [Imran Khan’s] peace caravan to Waziristan,” Ahmad tweeted.
The tweet came after Khan said that he was not afraid of the Taliban and that threats will not deter his plan to march into Waziristan, The Express Tribune reports.
“A man of faith doesn’t fear death & a march for peace against drones that have destroyed millions of lives of Fata people is worth dying for,” Khan had said.
Khan had sent out this tweet after reports emerged that the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had threatened to kill him if he marched into their tribal stronghold Waziristan.
According to the paper, the Taliban spokesperson later clarified that the group did not say they would kill him, but they still see him as an “infidel” for being a “liberal”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical