Junoon guitarist to accompany Imran Khan’s carvan
Islamabad: Junoon guitarist Salman Ahmad has said that he will accompany Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan in the peace march to protest against drone attacks that have destroyed millions of lives in the country.
“I’ll be travelling with IK’s [Imran Khan’s] peace caravan to Waziristan,” Ahmad tweeted.
The tweet came after Khan said that he was not afraid of the Taliban and that threats will not deter his plan to march into Waziristan, The Express Tribune reports.
“A man of faith doesn’t fear death & a march for peace against drones that have destroyed millions of lives of Fata people is worth dying for,” Khan had said.
Khan had sent out this tweet after reports emerged that the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had threatened to kill him if he marched into their tribal stronghold Waziristan.
According to the paper, the Taliban spokesperson later clarified that the group did not say they would kill him, but they still see him as an “infidel” for being a “liberal”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- African nationals targetted: Delhi cops arrest five persons, detain four others
- Will not bow to labour reform protestors: French PM Manuel Valls
- Former Punjab CM Beant Singh's grandson shoots himself, dies
- Photo alert! First look of Dwayne Johnson from 'Fast & Furious 8'!
- Celebs slam AIB's Tanmay Bhat for mocking Sachin Tendulkar, Lata Mangeshkar! – Details inside