Junoon guitarist to accompany Imran Khan’s carvan
Islamabad: Junoon guitarist Salman Ahmad has said that he will accompany Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan in the peace march to protest against drone attacks that have destroyed millions of lives in the country.
“I’ll be travelling with IK’s [Imran Khan’s] peace caravan to Waziristan,” Ahmad tweeted.
The tweet came after Khan said that he was not afraid of the Taliban and that threats will not deter his plan to march into Waziristan, The Express Tribune reports.
“A man of faith doesn’t fear death & a march for peace against drones that have destroyed millions of lives of Fata people is worth dying for,” Khan had said.
Khan had sent out this tweet after reports emerged that the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had threatened to kill him if he marched into their tribal stronghold Waziristan.
According to the paper, the Taliban spokesperson later clarified that the group did not say they would kill him, but they still see him as an “infidel” for being a “liberal”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on political reasons responsible for 50 days of Kashmir unrest
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games
- DNA: Analyzing the reasons behind India's poor performance in Olympic games Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children
- DNA: Analyzing the overburdened of heavy schoolbags on children Part II
- RSS to start awareness campaign against changing name of WB
- What a pervert! Bijnor imam caught on camera during rape – Watch shocking video
- Defender Cedric Soares renews contract with Southampton until 2020
- Sakshi Malik, PV Sindhu, Dipa Karmakar, Pullela Gopichand to be gifted BMW cars
- Expect 8% GDP growth in FY17 on back of good monsoon: Shaktikanta Das