Junoon guitarist to accompany Imran Khan’s carvan
Islamabad: Junoon guitarist Salman Ahmad has said that he will accompany Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan in the peace march to protest against drone attacks that have destroyed millions of lives in the country.
“I’ll be travelling with IK’s [Imran Khan’s] peace caravan to Waziristan,” Ahmad tweeted.
The tweet came after Khan said that he was not afraid of the Taliban and that threats will not deter his plan to march into Waziristan, The Express Tribune reports.
“A man of faith doesn’t fear death & a march for peace against drones that have destroyed millions of lives of Fata people is worth dying for,” Khan had said.
Khan had sent out this tweet after reports emerged that the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had threatened to kill him if he marched into their tribal stronghold Waziristan.
According to the paper, the Taliban spokesperson later clarified that the group did not say they would kill him, but they still see him as an “infidel” for being a “liberal”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened