Junoon guitarist to accompany Imran Khan’s carvan
Islamabad: Junoon guitarist Salman Ahmad has said that he will accompany Pakistan Tehreek-i-Insaf (PTI) chairman Imran Khan in the peace march to protest against drone attacks that have destroyed millions of lives in the country.
“I’ll be travelling with IK’s [Imran Khan’s] peace caravan to Waziristan,” Ahmad tweeted.
The tweet came after Khan said that he was not afraid of the Taliban and that threats will not deter his plan to march into Waziristan, The Express Tribune reports.
“A man of faith doesn’t fear death & a march for peace against drones that have destroyed millions of lives of Fata people is worth dying for,” Khan had said.
Khan had sent out this tweet after reports emerged that the Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) had threatened to kill him if he marched into their tribal stronghold Waziristan.
According to the paper, the Taliban spokesperson later clarified that the group did not say they would kill him, but they still see him as an “infidel” for being a “liberal”.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zakir Naik's 'IRF' converted many to Islam?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- 'Iron Lady' Irom Sharmila to end 16-year fast on August 9, contest elections in Manipur
- PHOTO: Vivian Richards' son Mali captures Virat Kohli's knock in painting
- SHOCKING: Bernie Ecclestone's mother-in-law kidnapped in Brazil, abductors demand $36.5 m as ransom
- Badshah's Hindi cover of Justin Bieber’s 'Sorry' is out and, dayum, it's addictive!
- Subramanian Swamy wants discussion on Mahatma Gandhi killing in Rajya Sabha