Kabul says Pakistan `important` to Bonn conference
Kabul: Afghanistan said Tuesday that Pakistan had an "important" role to play at the Bonn conference and expressed hope that Islamabad could reverse a decision to boycott the talks.
"We regard Pakistan as an important country in the region, we hope our Pakistani brothers will be there," foreign ministry spokesman Janan Mosazai said of the December 5 conference on Afghanistan`s future.
Mosazai said the ministry had not received an official confirmation from Pakistan that it would not attend.
But he added, "Our Pakistani brothers should remember that Bonn is an Afghan conference, it will be chaired and led by Afghans."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video