Kabul says Pakistan `important` to Bonn conference
Kabul: Afghanistan said Tuesday that Pakistan had an "important" role to play at the Bonn conference and expressed hope that Islamabad could reverse a decision to boycott the talks.
"We regard Pakistan as an important country in the region, we hope our Pakistani brothers will be there," foreign ministry spokesman Janan Mosazai said of the December 5 conference on Afghanistan`s future.
Mosazai said the ministry had not received an official confirmation from Pakistan that it would not attend.
But he added, "Our Pakistani brothers should remember that Bonn is an Afghan conference, it will be chaired and led by Afghans."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- She's a bae! Priyanka Chopra to get special poster for 'Baywatch'
- Foreign Investors buoyed by Indian investment: USIBC to Obama