Kabul says Pakistan `important` to Bonn conference
Kabul: Afghanistan said Tuesday that Pakistan had an "important" role to play at the Bonn conference and expressed hope that Islamabad could reverse a decision to boycott the talks.
"We regard Pakistan as an important country in the region, we hope our Pakistani brothers will be there," foreign ministry spokesman Janan Mosazai said of the December 5 conference on Afghanistan`s future.
Mosazai said the ministry had not received an official confirmation from Pakistan that it would not attend.
But he added, "Our Pakistani brothers should remember that Bonn is an Afghan conference, it will be chaired and led by Afghans."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet