Kamra air base incident `attack on Pak`: Musharraf
Islamabad: All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) president Pervez Musharraf has condemned the attack on Kamra air base and said it was an attack on the integrity of Pakistan.
"It is enough to understand that the war against terrorism is our own war," Musharraf said.
The Daily Times quoted Musharraf, as saying that attacks on the Pakistan Army could not shake its commitment to root out terrorism. Collective efforts were required to save Pakistan from extremism, he added.
Around nine-ten militants, disguised in security forces` uniform, launched an armed attack on Kamra air base in the wee hours of Thursday.
The intrusion was followed by a gun battle between security forces and assailants, which started at 2:00 am and continued till 6:00 am. Pakistan Air Force personnel and SSG Commandoes of the Pakistan Army killed eight militants.
The militants had made their way into the base from the direction of Pind Salman Makhan.
Kamra is an airbase where assembling of the JF-17 is carried out. Normally, more than 30 aircraft remain parked at the base at a time.
The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations