Kamra air base incident `attack on Pak`: Musharraf
Islamabad: All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) president Pervez Musharraf has condemned the attack on Kamra air base and said it was an attack on the integrity of Pakistan.
"It is enough to understand that the war against terrorism is our own war," Musharraf said.
The Daily Times quoted Musharraf, as saying that attacks on the Pakistan Army could not shake its commitment to root out terrorism. Collective efforts were required to save Pakistan from extremism, he added.
Around nine-ten militants, disguised in security forces` uniform, launched an armed attack on Kamra air base in the wee hours of Thursday.
The intrusion was followed by a gun battle between security forces and assailants, which started at 2:00 am and continued till 6:00 am. Pakistan Air Force personnel and SSG Commandoes of the Pakistan Army killed eight militants.
The militants had made their way into the base from the direction of Pind Salman Makhan.
Kamra is an airbase where assembling of the JF-17 is carried out. Normally, more than 30 aircraft remain parked at the base at a time.
The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Letter to Arvind Kejriwal - `Don't embarrass India again, buy yourself a pair of shoes`
- When a professor sexually abused a girl in classroom; watch other students' reaction
- Indian woman rescued from German refugee camp returns home, thanks government
- Signs that prove Lord Hanuman is still alive
- Will wipe out BJP and Congress from the country: Akbaruddin Owaisi