Kamra air base incident `attack on Pak`: Musharraf
Islamabad: All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) president Pervez Musharraf has condemned the attack on Kamra air base and said it was an attack on the integrity of Pakistan.
"It is enough to understand that the war against terrorism is our own war," Musharraf said.
The Daily Times quoted Musharraf, as saying that attacks on the Pakistan Army could not shake its commitment to root out terrorism. Collective efforts were required to save Pakistan from extremism, he added.
Around nine-ten militants, disguised in security forces` uniform, launched an armed attack on Kamra air base in the wee hours of Thursday.
The intrusion was followed by a gun battle between security forces and assailants, which started at 2:00 am and continued till 6:00 am. Pakistan Air Force personnel and SSG Commandoes of the Pakistan Army killed eight militants.
The militants had made their way into the base from the direction of Pind Salman Makhan.
Kamra is an airbase where assembling of the JF-17 is carried out. Normally, more than 30 aircraft remain parked at the base at a time.
The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS