Kamra air base incident `attack on Pak`: Musharraf
Islamabad: All Pakistan Muslim League (APML) president Pervez Musharraf has condemned the attack on Kamra air base and said it was an attack on the integrity of Pakistan.
"It is enough to understand that the war against terrorism is our own war," Musharraf said.
The Daily Times quoted Musharraf, as saying that attacks on the Pakistan Army could not shake its commitment to root out terrorism. Collective efforts were required to save Pakistan from extremism, he added.
Around nine-ten militants, disguised in security forces` uniform, launched an armed attack on Kamra air base in the wee hours of Thursday.
The intrusion was followed by a gun battle between security forces and assailants, which started at 2:00 am and continued till 6:00 am. Pakistan Air Force personnel and SSG Commandoes of the Pakistan Army killed eight militants.
The militants had made their way into the base from the direction of Pind Salman Makhan.
Kamra is an airbase where assembling of the JF-17 is carried out. Normally, more than 30 aircraft remain parked at the base at a time.
The Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan (TTP) has claimed responsibility for the attacks.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof