Kamra airbase attack: Pak sounds red alert at its airports
Lahore: Pakistan`s Civil Aviation Authority has sounded a red alert at all airports across the country following the terrorist attack on Kamra airbase, a senior official said on Friday.
"Due to the present uncertain situation in the country, all airports have been put on red alert," said Hamid Gardezi, Principal Director of Airport Services.
He directed all airport managers to beef up security and ensure full coordination with security agencies and the local administration.
"The managers of airports used by both civilian flights and military aircraft should coordinate with concerned authorities for enhancing security arrangements," he said.
Gardezi further directed authorities to step up surveillance and vigil at the entry and exit points of airports, terminal buildings, car parks, navigational aids, and areas around the runways.
He asked all airport managers, airport security organisations and fire and rescue services to exercise extra caution.
A group of heavily-armed terrorists stormed the Kamra airbase in Punjab province early yesterday.
Nine militants and two security personnel were killed in a three-hour standoff at the airbase.
A Saab-2000 surveillance aircraft was damaged by the attackers.
The banned Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan claimed responsibility for the attack, saying it was carried out to avenge the killing of Taliban commander Baitullah Mehsud and al Qaeda chief Osama bin Laden.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Kerala Plus Two Results 2015 on keralaresults.nic.in
- Lalu Yadav invites Jitan Ram Manjhi for joint fight against BJP, JD(U) upset