Kandahar governor wants more troops after 12 explosions
Kandahar: The governor of Afghanistan`s Kandahar province is demanding more troops to provide security after 12 explosions in the largest southern city killed dozens of people.
Gov Turyakai Wesa says he is talking to the central government in Kabul about getting Afghan military reinforcements following the coordinated attacks that killed at least 33 people, including 10 attending a wedding.
He told reporters today that he also wants to coordinate with NATO forces to improve security.
Wesa said the attacks wounded at least 53.
Kandahar is the spiritual birthplace of the Taliban insurgency and the next target of NATO and Afghan forces after a major push to take another militant stronghold in next-door Helmand province.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview