Karachi fire: Pak police file murder case against factory owners
Islamabad: A murder case against the owners of a factory was registered by Pakistan Police on Thursday after a devastating fire in the garment factory of Karachi where a fire killed 314 people.
Police are investigating the owners and managers because of reports that many of the factory`s exit doors were locked at the time of the fire, senior officer Amir Farooqi said.
Many escape routes were blocked with large bundles of cloth and basic safety regulations weren`t followed.
Farooqi says police are also investigating government officials who failed to enforce fire safety regulations.
The fire broke out Tuesday night and continued till next day and hundreds of people died of suffocation and burns.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?