Karachi Police arrest 100 terrorists suspects
Karachi: Karachi Police have claimed to have arrested over 100 suspects involved in terrorist activities in the violence-stricken Pakistani city.
The death toll in Karachi unrest has risen to 57 during the last three days, with Thursday’s casualties (21) emerging as the largest single-day toll in the current spree of bloodbath.
Earlier in the day, at least 21 bullet-riddled and tortured bodies stuffed in gunny bags were found in different parts of the city, and ten more people have been killed since Thursday night, a newspaper reports.
City police chief Saud Mirza said although fresh incidents of violence that had started from Wednesday could not be completely stopped, terming it a police failure would not be correct.
Police would conduct a focused operation in the violence-affected areas and the places where the victims’ bodies were found, he added.
Reiterating that terrorists would be taken to task, Mirza expressed the hope that normalcy would soon return to the city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Donald Trump says EU formed 'to beat US at making money'
- Muslim woman told to remove hijab for job application in New Zealand
- Kriti Sanon wishes 'Heropanti' director Sabbir Khan a very happy birthday! Pic inside
- Suicide attack in Baghdad kills at least 10 people
- BJP made Dayashankar Singh use foul language against me; SP also involved in conspiracy, alleges Mayawati