Karachi under ‘clear and present threat’ from Pak Taliban
Islamabad: Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has threatened to attack Pakistan Printing Press and over a dozen police stations in District Malir and District West.
Police force has been deployed in at least 13 police stations and nine police posts in different areas of the City after the terrorists threatened to attack the police.
According to the Nation, intelligence agencies have warned about the possible attacks on particular police stations in the areas dominated by militants known as Tehreek-e-Taliban Karachi.
Sources revealed that police stations located in the suburb areas of the metropolis were under threat and the police were avoiding patrolling and unnecessary movement, and rather focusing on their own security.
They pointed out that TTP operatives had warned the nearby police stations not to lodge FIRs against them and also directed to end the patrolling in the areas dominated by the terrorist group.
A police official of Gadap Town revealed that terrorists were much confident and trained.
He pointed out that cops having SMG rifles were not supposed to open fire in retaliation because militant managed to escape after completing his swift operation within few seconds.
He said that police stations of Gadap Town were considerably highly ‘expensive’ and officers were seeking posting in the area because of the higher lucrative opportunities and now police officers were looking for transfer at any cost.
Police personnel posted in the police stations, including Sohrab Goth, Sachal, Shahrah-e-Faisal, Khawaja Ajmair Nagri, Gulshan-e-Maimar, Manghopir, Orangi Town, Pirabad, Baldia, Mochko, Mominabad, Saeedabad, Jackson, Quaidabad, Shah Latif, Mobina Town and Gulistan-e-Jauhar are considering the threats seriously and most of them were seeking transfer in peaceful areas of the City.
The recently established TTP Karachi has been targeting police frequently in the jurisdictions of particular police stations, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win