Karachi under ‘clear and present threat’ from Pak Taliban
Islamabad: Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has threatened to attack Pakistan Printing Press and over a dozen police stations in District Malir and District West.
Police force has been deployed in at least 13 police stations and nine police posts in different areas of the City after the terrorists threatened to attack the police.
According to the Nation, intelligence agencies have warned about the possible attacks on particular police stations in the areas dominated by militants known as Tehreek-e-Taliban Karachi.
Sources revealed that police stations located in the suburb areas of the metropolis were under threat and the police were avoiding patrolling and unnecessary movement, and rather focusing on their own security.
They pointed out that TTP operatives had warned the nearby police stations not to lodge FIRs against them and also directed to end the patrolling in the areas dominated by the terrorist group.
A police official of Gadap Town revealed that terrorists were much confident and trained.
He pointed out that cops having SMG rifles were not supposed to open fire in retaliation because militant managed to escape after completing his swift operation within few seconds.
He said that police stations of Gadap Town were considerably highly ‘expensive’ and officers were seeking posting in the area because of the higher lucrative opportunities and now police officers were looking for transfer at any cost.
Police personnel posted in the police stations, including Sohrab Goth, Sachal, Shahrah-e-Faisal, Khawaja Ajmair Nagri, Gulshan-e-Maimar, Manghopir, Orangi Town, Pirabad, Baldia, Mochko, Mominabad, Saeedabad, Jackson, Quaidabad, Shah Latif, Mobina Town and Gulistan-e-Jauhar are considering the threats seriously and most of them were seeking transfer in peaceful areas of the City.
The recently established TTP Karachi has been targeting police frequently in the jurisdictions of particular police stations, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA