Karachi under ‘clear and present threat’ from Pak Taliban
Islamabad: Tehrik-e-Taliban Pakistan has threatened to attack Pakistan Printing Press and over a dozen police stations in District Malir and District West.
Police force has been deployed in at least 13 police stations and nine police posts in different areas of the City after the terrorists threatened to attack the police.
According to the Nation, intelligence agencies have warned about the possible attacks on particular police stations in the areas dominated by militants known as Tehreek-e-Taliban Karachi.
Sources revealed that police stations located in the suburb areas of the metropolis were under threat and the police were avoiding patrolling and unnecessary movement, and rather focusing on their own security.
They pointed out that TTP operatives had warned the nearby police stations not to lodge FIRs against them and also directed to end the patrolling in the areas dominated by the terrorist group.
A police official of Gadap Town revealed that terrorists were much confident and trained.
He pointed out that cops having SMG rifles were not supposed to open fire in retaliation because militant managed to escape after completing his swift operation within few seconds.
He said that police stations of Gadap Town were considerably highly ‘expensive’ and officers were seeking posting in the area because of the higher lucrative opportunities and now police officers were looking for transfer at any cost.
Police personnel posted in the police stations, including Sohrab Goth, Sachal, Shahrah-e-Faisal, Khawaja Ajmair Nagri, Gulshan-e-Maimar, Manghopir, Orangi Town, Pirabad, Baldia, Mochko, Mominabad, Saeedabad, Jackson, Quaidabad, Shah Latif, Mobina Town and Gulistan-e-Jauhar are considering the threats seriously and most of them were seeking transfer in peaceful areas of the City.
The recently established TTP Karachi has been targeting police frequently in the jurisdictions of particular police stations, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing