Karachi violence a ‘pre-planned’ conspiracy?
Lahore: The violence and a fire that erupted after a blast targeting a Muharram procession in Karachi on December 28 were “thoroughly pre-planned”, according to a private TV channel.
At least 42 people were killed and 83 injured when a suicide bomber ripped through the provincial capital’s central Youm-e-Ashur procession on MA Jinnah Road on Monday.
Enraged mourners went on a rampage following the attack, gutting shops and pelting stones at vehicles. Violence erupted in various parts of the city, including Ancholi, Jaffer-e-Tayyar Society, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Pehalwan Goth, Korangi and MA Jinnah Road.
Basing its claim on CCTV footage, the channel said police and Rangers deployed in the area had “started leaving their positions in a hurry”, as no security personnel were visible in footage taken one minute and 12 seconds after the blast.
The “pre-planned arson” began 39 minutes after the blast, when “suspicious people” started arriving at the site, the Daily Times reports.
Showing a CCTV grab taken 39 minutes and 23 seconds after the blast, the channel said: “There were well-equipped people ... with ringleaders distributing phosphorous packets, petrol and gloves.”
The report also says that fire brigade units reached the site within three minutes of the explosion, but “they were not where they were needed”.
The report quoted sources as saying that the land mafia could have been involved in starting the fire.
Imphal: Three insurgents including two of
the United National Liberation Front (UNLF) have been arrested
in Manipur, security sources said on Monday.
A member of UNLF identified as M Puyam (45) was
arrested from Khullen area in Chandel district on Saturday
during a search by the 8th Assam Rifles battalion.
A grenade was seized from him.
Another UNLF member identified as Khumukcham Amujao
(23) was arrested by police commandos from Kakching Khunou
area in Thoubal district on January 1, the sources said.
A member of militant outfit Kangleipak Communist
Party-Military Council identified as Bijen Singh (25) alias
Moramba was arrested by Assam Rifles personnel during checking
of passengers at Khudengthabi area in Chandel district on
Saturday, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report
- Man arrested for trying to sell stolen car on e-commerce site
- Shocking! In Madhya Pradesh, child dies after given nitrous oxide instead of oxygen