Karachi violence death toll rises to 16 in 24 hours
Karachi: At least sixteen people were killed, including a policeman, in separate firing incidents in several parts of Karachi during the last 24 hours, sending the affected areas in a grip of tension over the fresh wave of killings in the Pakistani metropolis.
According to police, six people were wounded when unknown armed men opened fire near Disco Bakery in Gulshan-e-Iqbal area, a newspaper reported.
The wounded people were shifted to a private hospital, where two of them succumbed to their injuries.
Similar shooting incidents took place in Karachi’s Kharadar, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Gulzar-e-Hijri, Baghdadi, Purana Golimar, Kalri and Chakiwara areas.
An office of a political party was attacked with explosives in Soldier Bazaar, however, no loss of life took place since the office was closed.
Meanwhile, miscreants set a mini bus on fire in Lasbella area, destroying it completely.
Twelve people were killed in separate incidents of violence and shootings in Karachi yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015