Karachi violence death toll rises to 16 in 24 hours
Karachi: At least sixteen people were killed, including a policeman, in separate firing incidents in several parts of Karachi during the last 24 hours, sending the affected areas in a grip of tension over the fresh wave of killings in the Pakistani metropolis.
According to police, six people were wounded when unknown armed men opened fire near Disco Bakery in Gulshan-e-Iqbal area, a newspaper reported.
The wounded people were shifted to a private hospital, where two of them succumbed to their injuries.
Similar shooting incidents took place in Karachi’s Kharadar, Gulistan-e-Jauhar, Gulzar-e-Hijri, Baghdadi, Purana Golimar, Kalri and Chakiwara areas.
An office of a political party was attacked with explosives in Soldier Bazaar, however, no loss of life took place since the office was closed.
Meanwhile, miscreants set a mini bus on fire in Lasbella area, destroying it completely.
Twelve people were killed in separate incidents of violence and shootings in Karachi yesterday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- GHMC election results: TRS scores landslide win; TDP-BJP wiped out
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...