Karachi witnesses arson attacks
Islamabad: Unidentified people set fire to a two-storey building, four shops, two vehicles and several motorcycles in Karachi as the Pakistani port city witnessed heavy exchange of fire and a number of arson attacks following the killing of a social activist, Geo News reported Monday.
Police and paramilitary troops were sent to the area to bring the situation under control.
Later, a number of women came out on the roads to protest against the killing and demand the arrest of the culprits.
Muhammad Akber, 28, an activist of the Pakistan Sunni Tehreek (PST), a non-political religious party, was killed Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH