Karachi witnesses arson attacks
Islamabad: Unidentified people set fire to a two-storey building, four shops, two vehicles and several motorcycles in Karachi as the Pakistani port city witnessed heavy exchange of fire and a number of arson attacks following the killing of a social activist, Geo News reported Monday.
Police and paramilitary troops were sent to the area to bring the situation under control.
Later, a number of women came out on the roads to protest against the killing and demand the arrest of the culprits.
Muhammad Akber, 28, an activist of the Pakistan Sunni Tehreek (PST), a non-political religious party, was killed Saturday.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Four minors gang-rape teenage girl in Mumbai, circulate video on WhatsApp
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview