Karachi witnesses arson attacks
Islamabad: Unidentified people set fire to a two-storey building, four shops, two vehicles and several motorcycles in Karachi as the Pakistani port city witnessed heavy exchange of fire and a number of arson attacks following the killing of a social activist, Geo News reported Monday.
Police and paramilitary troops were sent to the area to bring the situation under control.
Later, a number of women came out on the roads to protest against the killing and demand the arrest of the culprits.
Muhammad Akber, 28, an activist of the Pakistan Sunni Tehreek (PST), a non-political religious party, was killed Saturday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'