Karzai calls Obama to condole death of US marines
Washington: Afghanistan President Hamid
Karzai made a telephone call to his American counterpart,
Barack Obama to express his condolence on death of more than
30 US soldiers in a helicopter crash.
"President Obama received a call today from President
Karzai of Afghanistan, who reiterated his condolences for the
tragic loss of 30 American service-members yesterday in
Afghanistan," the White House said in a statement yesterday.
Obama noted the extraordinary service of the Americans
who gave their lives, and expressed his condolences for the
Afghans who died serving by their side.
"The two Presidents reaffirmed their commitment to the
mission in Afghanistan, which is critical to the security of
both our countries, and agreed to stay in close contact," the
White House said.
According to an Afghan diplomat, during their telephone
conference, Karzai expressed his deep sympathies and
condolences to Obama and the families and relatives of the
victims of the tragic loss of 31 US soldiers in a helicopter
crash in eastern Afghanistan.
"Obama thanked President Karzai for sympathising and
stressed on the fight against the terrorist who are the threat
to regional and world security and said that the people of
Afghanistan and the US stand against terrorists and their
sacrifice in this way will never be forgotten," the diplomat
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing