Karzai calls Obama to condole death of US marines
Washington: Afghanistan President Hamid
Karzai made a telephone call to his American counterpart,
Barack Obama to express his condolence on death of more than
30 US soldiers in a helicopter crash.
"President Obama received a call today from President
Karzai of Afghanistan, who reiterated his condolences for the
tragic loss of 30 American service-members yesterday in
Afghanistan," the White House said in a statement yesterday.
Obama noted the extraordinary service of the Americans
who gave their lives, and expressed his condolences for the
Afghans who died serving by their side.
"The two Presidents reaffirmed their commitment to the
mission in Afghanistan, which is critical to the security of
both our countries, and agreed to stay in close contact," the
White House said.
According to an Afghan diplomat, during their telephone
conference, Karzai expressed his deep sympathies and
condolences to Obama and the families and relatives of the
victims of the tragic loss of 31 US soldiers in a helicopter
crash in eastern Afghanistan.
"Obama thanked President Karzai for sympathising and
stressed on the fight against the terrorist who are the threat
to regional and world security and said that the people of
Afghanistan and the US stand against terrorists and their
sacrifice in this way will never be forgotten," the diplomat
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Jhansi's ammunition factory was target of ISI agents
- Panel discussion on film director Ali Akbar's accusation on Madrasa
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory