Karzai claims CIA-trained Afghans seized student
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai is denouncing the seizure of a university student by armed Afghans that his spokesman says work for the CIA.
Karzai spokesman Aimal Faizi told The Associated Press today that the CIA freed the student after Karzai`s staff intervened. But Faizi says Karzai wants the armed Afghans arrested and will ban foreign forces from universities.
Faizi says the raiders fired shots as they grabbed the student yesterday from a Kandahar university. He says they interrogated him at a CIA post that Taliban leader Mullah Omar once used as a home.
The CIA could not be reached for comment. The agency has trained an Afghan counterterrorist force that US officials say works with Afghan intelligence. They spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to speak publicly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened