Karzai claims CIA-trained Afghans seized student
Kabul: Afghan President Hamid Karzai is denouncing the seizure of a university student by armed Afghans that his spokesman says work for the CIA.
Karzai spokesman Aimal Faizi told The Associated Press today that the CIA freed the student after Karzai`s staff intervened. But Faizi says Karzai wants the armed Afghans arrested and will ban foreign forces from universities.
Faizi says the raiders fired shots as they grabbed the student yesterday from a Kandahar university. He says they interrogated him at a CIA post that Taliban leader Mullah Omar once used as a home.
The CIA could not be reached for comment. The agency has trained an Afghan counterterrorist force that US officials say works with Afghan intelligence. They spoke anonymously because they were not authorized to speak publicly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi