Karzai complains of delay in US prison handover
Kabul: The Afghanistan president has warned that any further delay turning over a key US-run detention facility to full Afghan control would harm relations.
Hamid Karzai`s statement comes after him and US commander General Joseph Dunford met today but failed to resolve the impasse that derailed a scheduled handover last Saturday.
NATO released a statement after the meeting saying both parties pledged to continue constructive dialogue to resolve the remaining issues.
The facility has an Afghan administrator but is still US-run. The Americans also have the power to veto the release of detainees they feel present a continuing threat, a right they want to keep.
Karzai pledges that even after Afghans take over, they will keep anyone who is a security threat in custody.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!