Karzai complains of delay in US prison handover
Kabul: The Afghanistan president has warned that any further delay turning over a key US-run detention facility to full Afghan control would harm relations.
Hamid Karzai`s statement comes after him and US commander General Joseph Dunford met today but failed to resolve the impasse that derailed a scheduled handover last Saturday.
NATO released a statement after the meeting saying both parties pledged to continue constructive dialogue to resolve the remaining issues.
The facility has an Afghan administrator but is still US-run. The Americans also have the power to veto the release of detainees they feel present a continuing threat, a right they want to keep.
Karzai pledges that even after Afghans take over, they will keep anyone who is a security threat in custody.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed